Lauren-Georgina: My Skincare Fail
21:37:00
You know when you wish you could love a product...
I've never been one for a lengthy skincare routine, especially when I was younger when even a dry face wipe didn't even make it to my face - you can check that story out over on my How I Did My Makeup As A Teenager post! However, I do love a good micellar water and as my skin has become much less problematic as I've got older, I often only use it as a cleanser and then moisturise, easy!
I'm not a fan of trying new skincare as I don't want to mess up this good thing I've got going on with my face, however, I'm also a poor uni student who loves a bargain. This is why when I saw the Simple Kind To Skin Micellar Cleansing Water was a whole pound cheaper than my ever trusty Garnier Micellar Cleaning Water, I was about ready to risk it all. Throw on top of that my Superdrug 10% student discount, I was loving life and not looking back!
Oh Lauren, you stingy bitch!
To put it lightly, I'm not a fan. I was really hoping the Simple product would be just as amazing as the Garnier, but it lacks so much. For starters, the product really struggled to remove eye makeup and I would constantly be sporting panda eyes in the morning. It's not even as if I wear elaborate eye makeup, just a little shadow and some mascara, not even eyeliner...not even eyeliner! Plus after the first few nights using it, the skin around my eyes became irritated and dry and I was not loving life anyone.
Things only got worse. My skin felt greasy every morning and when there's grease, there's spots, oh were there spots! My face is no longer prone to massive breakouts, only occasional hormone or chocolate inducing cries for help, but boy heck, have I had a breakout. The only good thing that's come out of it is that I've discovered a new favourite full coverage foundation, so if you'd like a little review on that gem, let me know in the comments or any of my social media!
I had such high hopes for the Simple Kind To Skin Micellar Cleansing Water as I've been using Simple products for years and still incorporate them into my daily skin routine. I've been using the Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser day and night for a while now and recently started using the Simple Kind To Skin Soothing Eye Balm and I absolutely adore both, so was so disheartened by the effects of the micellar water.
Have any of you tried and found it the same as me or has it been a really great product for you? I don't know, maybe I picked up a faulty bottle - it did have a strange smell of nail polish remover to it as well! I still love Simple overall as a brand and will continue using the rest of their skincare products, I'm just going to give this one a miss next time! I'd love to hear your thoughts and let me know any of your holy grail skincare products too!
Lauren-Georgina x

0 comments