Lauren-Georgina: Inspired By Alice

17:35:00

Anyone who knows me will know how much I love in Alice In Wonderland. From my phone case, to my pjs and even to my makeup bag, everything is Alice related!

Guildford Castle in Surrey annually run a day of entertainment inspired by Lewis Carroll's famous story book character Alice. I was so excited to attend last years Inspired By Alice event, where I took lots of photos for a blog post a year ago, which never saw the light and as I was unable to attend this years, I thought I shouldn't let these photos go to waste!




Held in beautiful Guildford Castle grounds, the grassy hills and red rose flower beds provide the perfect setting for a magical and wonder filled day. This event has something for all the family with live music, theatrical performances and even arts and crafts activities.


Throughout the grounds, many independent businesses had set up stalls selling Alice merchandise and other cute products. I fell in love with one jewellery stall by My New Fave. Each piece was beautifully created and has a real magical and vintage feel. I loved how the necklaces has been created using the original Alice In Wonderland illustrations and being placed within a playing card was such a special little extra detail. I was incredibly impressed with how the rings on sale were presented within the pages of a book and the detail on each ring was insane. My New Fave doesn't just sell Alice related products, but has a wide range of original necklaces, earrings, brooches, rings and even cufflinks, so if you're into quirky and special jewellery I definitely suggest checking out their website.




Everywhere felt so quaint and cute, with a pastel coloured van selling tea and cake decorated in bunting, to a stall giving out free tradition jam and cream scones. The atmosphere was magical and everything an event inspired by Alice In Wonderland should be.



I can't wait to go back next year and if you're around the Surrey area, I definitely recommend keeping an eye out for it next summer. An Alice fan or not, you don't want to miss out on this free family event!

Lauren-Georgina x

You Might Also Like

0 comments