Lauren-Georgina: New Month, New Me
11:05:00
This is just a little post to make up for missing last week. My second semester of year two at uni is well and truly in full swing and with working alongside studying, getting the chance to sit down and update my little space of internet is sometimes not the easiest!
It's become a tradition that every new year everyone starts claiming they're going to become a new, better improved version of themselves - new year, new me! I am that person. Every January I try super hard to make little changes to improve myself and my life. Last January I joined the gym (who doesn't in January?!) and I actually went near enough everyday until Easter time, eventually giving up because of uni deadlines and injured knees and ankles.
I normally fully embrace the new year mantra, however this year I seemed to miss the boat. Over Christmas I spent my time going back and forth from Surrey spending time with the boyfriend and Southampton for work. I practically lived on the South West Train service! When I finally settled back in Southampton my laundry was to the roof, my fridge was empty and I still had Christmas presents to find a home for. I was in a bit of a mess if I'm being honest and had semester two literally around the corner.
To top it off I felt in an utter rut about myself, my future and my appearance. I think everyone goes through a stage of feeling a bit 'meh' about everything, mine just so happened to be the whole of January! I had also broken out so badly which never helps; I was about to start asking for rent money from some of boulders who had set up home on my face! One day things had got so bad, I left the house wearing big pants under leggings. I actually went out with a VPL. Who had I become?!
It was in that moment I knew I had to have a tough talk with myself and start 2017 again. I'm using January as a trial month and now that February is finally here, I'm ready to embrace the new year! My little space of internet turns one in February and I turn twenty-two, so I have a lot of exciting things coming up this month.
Talking of exciting, I recently created a Facebook page for my blog, making it easier for me to update everyone when I publish a new post. You can find it by searching 'laurengeorginablog' and while you're the there hit that 'like' button to stay updated. You can also follow my blog by clicking the 'follow' button at the top of this page!
I'm ready to grab February and 2017 by the balls and stop wearing big pants out!
Lauren-Georgina x

0 comments