Lauren-Georgina: Outfit Of The Day #1
13:10:00
I'm new to the whole 'outfit of the day' post, so this is quite terrifying, but here we go...
Summer 2016 in England hasn't exactly been anything to write home about. In typical England fashion, most days have been grey and dreary and an umbrella is this season's must have accessory. The past week however have actually felt like holiday weather and it's been glorious! Therefore to run errands in town the other day, I decided to wear an outfit a little out of my comfort zone.
A couple of years ago wearing a crop top would cause me no bother, however in recent months, there was no chance of me getting my stomach out. I've not felt the greatest about what I look like this summer and have felt unable to wear certain things like I used to. The other day however I threw caution to the wind, put on a crop top and strutted it into town, just like the old Lauren!
I've never really been one for long skirts, I used to feel like they kind of just drowned me. My favourite parts of my body are my legs and bum, so I'd rather have them on show rather than covered up. In Primark a few weeks back I saw this black maxi skirt and wanted to give it a try. To say I had the wrong underwear on is a complete understatement...there was a lot of VPL going on...so I would suggest wearing very tiny underwear for a skirt like this. I ended up really liking it on me, plus with two side slits either side, there still is a cheeky bit of leg on show.
Back when I was thirteen and going through my emo phase, yes that happened, I used to collect Converse. What a cool kid I was. My collection is a lot smaller now that I am a semi-retired emo, but my parents bought me a pair of new white ones for Christmas last year. Although I already had a pair, let's just say they had seen better days! I waited until the summer to crack out my new pair and am still in the 'breaking in' stage, not a fun experience, but they're so pretty!
I spent the day in the sun in town and actually felt really good about myself. It just goes to show, coming out your comfort zone has its benefits!
Lauren-Georgina x
0 comments