Lauren-Georgina: What My Tattoo Means #1

16:13:00

I've been obsessed with tattoos the majority of my life and couldn't wait to reach eighteen so I could finally get my own. My dad has many tattoos all around his body, so I think his love of them rubbed off on me. I have two tattoos right now, but with many more planned, I hope to turn this into a little 'series' for my blog. As I want a full sleeve eventually, there should be many posts to write!


I began planning my first tattoo when I was sixteen, but due to circumstances, I got it finally done aged twenty last year. I had the word 'courage' inked onto my inner right wrist.

I'm not even ashamed to admit that 'courage' actually originates from musical comedy-drama Glee. Now I won't turn into a sixteen year old fangirl like I once was, but this phrase really stuck with me back then and always has.

To me 'courage' reminds me that I can do anything, I can overcome anything and I can be anything.

I chose to go to the same tattoo shop my dad got many of his done, Jason Davis Tattoo Studio, in Sunbury-on-Thames, Middlesex. After finally mustering up the courage (waheyyyyy) I walked into the studio, told them what I wanted and it was done within twenty minutes! I'd heard that the wrist is the second most painful place to get a tattoo so I was very nervous as I'm not the best with pain at all. It hurt, lets put it that way, but it was bearable. Everyone asks, "what does it feel like?!" and in all honestly, I don't know how to explain it, it just feels like getting a tattoo done!

I'm so happy how it turned out, a very simple tattoo, but with so much personal meaning.

I'm forever looking at different tattoo designs on Instagram, so if anyone sees any amazing designs, feel free to tag me in them using @laurenpapagreen!

Lauren-Georgina x


You Might Also Like

0 comments