Lauren-Georgina: Becoming A 'Real' Adult

20:17:00


A few weeks ago I turned twenty-one and now feel as if I've entered real 'adultism'... how terrifying!
I'm not quite sure why, but turning twenty-one has made me feel like I've just turned forty-five. How am I meant to act now that I'm a real adult? Do I have to settle down and get a mortgage?! Do I need to wear beige cardigans?! How do you knit?! I'm having a full on midlife crisis.

Turning twenty-one made me think back to my teenage years...*shudders*! Sometimes I wish I was able to go back and tell my younger self a few things to make things a little easier...

Here are a few:

1) Live your own life - do the college course you want to do, get that tattoo, talk to whoever you want.

2) Uni will be worth it...eventually.

3) You're boobs aren't going to grow... get yourself down Ann Summers and deal with it!

4) Your first retail job will be the best and worst experience of your life.

5) Trust your gut - think he's cheating, he most definitely is!

6) Listen to your Nana, she's always right.

7) Take your makeup off every night.

8) People you've only known a few months will be more loyal than people you've known you're whole life.

9) Thing's can change drastically in a year.
10) Colour match your foundation!
11) Leave the past in the past.
12) You can't handle Tequila, so don't drink it.
13) Don't get so emotionally invested in Glee.
14) A short skirt will not help you pass your GCSE's.
15) Life is too short to care.
It's always great to look back, but it's even better to look forward.
Lauren-Georgina x

You Might Also Like

0 comments