Lauren-Georgina: Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue
19:20:00
When it comes to Valentines Day I'm normally how the Grinch is to Christmas. Tacky heart balloons in every store, giant teddy bears blocking my way, shop assistants shoving chocolates in my face and all I came out for was a pint of milk! I never understood how a made up, commercial holiday could turn the world so gooey for the day.
This year however, I was somewhat sucked in. With Valentines falling on the Sunday, the main man in my life paid me a little visit down in Southampton for the weekend. As he lives back in Surrey, it made the weekend that little bit more special.
Not ones for making a huge fuss, we had a chilled little weekend, walking around Southampton, planning a house in IKEA and eating way too much food. We attempted a typical blogger OOTD photo shoot, but with dreaded seagulls flying around my head and the laughing face of the boyf peering over the camera, I couldn't quite take it seriously. The end results were a complete fail!
Not wanting to join every other couple in Southampton in a packed restaurant on actual Valentines Day, we decided to have date night the night before. We went to a favourite of ours Bella Italia and ate and ate and ate. The next morning, Bella Italia emailed us vouchers for 2-4-1 breakfast, so we took them up on their offer and went back for a full English breakie - it would have been rude not to after all!
Later that night we went to local favourite, dessert shop Sprinkles, where yet again we ate and ate and ate. The boyf especially did as when I was unable to finish my huge waffle covered with chocolate and banana, without hesitation he finished the lot! This is after destroying his own huge mint ice-cream sundae! It was the funniest end to the funniest weekend!
What did everyone else get up to this Valentines Day? Let me know in the comments and I'll see you next time!
Lauren-Georgina x
0 comments