Lauren-Georgina: My Seventeen Minute Relationship
10:10:00
Here we go, the first story about my very strange love life...
Let's start with a little back story. When I was about thirteen I had a school girl crush on a boy in my class - let's call him 'Steve' (not his real name, what poor thirteen year old is called Steve?!). We'd been friends since we'd started secondary school and always had this weird flirty banter going on - as much flirty banter you can have when you've only recently been allowed to watch movies rated 12 without an adult!
Now at school I was very shy, kept my head down and did my work, but this boy was quite the opposite. 'Steve' didn't pay attention in class, would stick pins in his hand, had a sweeping greasy fringe and listened to screamo music... I was going through my emo phase at the time, let me be! Thirteen year old Lauren wanted a bad boy. Looking back at it, I don't really know what little Lauren was doing and I don't think little Lauren knew what she was doing either, but hindsight is a wonderful thing!
One evening I was minding my own business when up flashed 'Steve's' name on my phone, oh my gosh how exciting! I answered keeping it cool, keeping it casual, trying to be the mysterious thirteen year old that I was, when inside my little emo heart was screaming. Then he muttered the most romantic phrase you could ever hear back in the day... "will you go out with me?".
The angel chorus started singing, my black emo heart turned gold, I had done it, I'd actually bagged myself a bad boy! To make things even more magical, he said we'd go to the cinema to see High School Musical 3; now I may have been a little emo, but once a Wildcat, always a Wildcat!
As any thirteen year old would do, I was straight onto MSN messaging my BFF Kirsty (real name) about my new life with 'Steve', while also trying to pay attention to the episode of Eastenders currently on, because priorities!
How long do I wait until I declare myself as 'in a relationship' on Facebook? What do I wear to our HSM3 cinema date? When will Dot Cotton finally leave Eastenders? So many questions, so little answers!
I needn't have worried about making it Facebook official however, as seventeen minutes later my bubble burst.
"Yeah, I think I've changed my mind, I'm just not ready for that kind of commitment..."
Commitment?! We're thirteen, what other commitments do you have?!
I was crushed, absolutely crushed. The Eastenders theme tune still gives me wartime flashbacks. You'd have thought after that I would have learnt my lesson when it comes to bad boys, but spoiler, I wouldn't be writing this series if I had!
With that I replaced High School Musical with My Chemical Romance and that ladies and gentlemen is the story of my seventeen minute relationship.
Lauren-Georgina x

0 comments