Lauren-Georgina: How I Did My Makeup As A Teenager

16:08:00

A popular trend amongst beauty gurus on YouTube as the moment is recreating how they did their makeup as a teenager.

I find the videos so funny because I can really relate to the awful makeup decisions. I'm no YouTuber, but wanted to share my teenage makeup mishaps with the world.

Cake Face - Any girl who was a teenager in the 2000's will remember Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation. This thick, heavy, drying excuse of a foundation was my holy grail makeup item. Now I am incredibly pale and Dream Matte Mousse lacked in paler shades, so I was left with two choices, Oompa Loompa realness or Chocolate Pudding couture. I also knew nothing about blending, so I was left with a really natural looking foundation line on my jaw...beautiful!

Panda Eyes - I've mentioned previously on this blog how I went through an emo phase when I was younger...who didn't in 2008?! My makeup look wasn't complete without thick layers of black eyeliner all around my eyes. There was no precision to this liner, oh no, all I cared about was how big and black my eyes looked. To achieve my emo goddess look, I'd use a Superdrug own branded eyeliner crayon; it would smudge and crease everyday and I would look like a depressed panda.

back when I was trying to be the missing member of My Chemical Romance...

Browsing For Brows - Now days eyebrows are some peoples main priority in life. However, back when I was young, eyebrows weren't even a thought. So with my cakey face and blacker than black eyes, my eyebrows were non existent!

where them brows at???

Foundation Lips - Who invented the trend to put foundation all over your lips? Why was this a thing? Why? You can bet not only was my face covered in thick layers of foundation, so where my lips. I'm really hoping this isn't a trend that returns. To be honest, I can't see Kylie Jenner releasing a 'Foundation Lips' lip kit anytime soon!

Wiping Away The Sins - As well as making awful makeup mishaps, my skin care routine was a mess!  Not only did I sleep in my makeup every night *screams*, to remove my makeup eventually I'd use only a face wipe. My poor, poor teenage skin! I suffered with really bad outbreaks when I was a teenager and I'm not surprised with how badly I treated my skin. So many regrets!

There's more bumps on that face than speed bumps on the road!

Now I'm still no beauty guru or makeup queen, but I like to think I've glowed up slightly since I was a teenager!

Let me know of any of your teenage makeup mishaps and lets all laugh at how unfortunate we all were!

Lauren-Georgina x

You Might Also Like

0 comments