Lauren-Georgina: Outfit Of The Day #2

10:51:00

It's the middle of August and England is finally having a proper summer!

I had the weekend off work and with the weather finally great, the boyfriend and I decided to have a walk down by the river and have a pub lunch in the sun. Even though my family is Mediterranean and I used to live in Cyprus, I don't handle the heat well! So when it is hot out, I want to wear as little as possible, but still keep my dignity and not scare the general public! I had a rummage through my bits and found a really cute playsuit that I'd kept from living abroad, but hadn't worn in years.

Now, I have quite a complex about my 'boobage' area, a topic I may touch upon one day, and this playsuit was bringing up a whole lot of anxieties. The playsuit was strapless, a kind of 'boob-tube' shape, which meant either having to wear a strapless bra or going fully without *screams*. Strapless bra's are not my friend, I'm lacking in both back width and boobage, so they have nothing to cling onto and the thought of wearing no bra at all was just laughable. I tried the playsuit on without a bra and the couple of ruffles on the front ended up hiding all sins. I decided to man up and wear it braless and was reasonably comfortable with my choice. I'm all about stepping outside my comfort zone style wise right now, so I just got on and did it. 


I actually got the playsuit about five years ago now at Kempton Market. Even though it's from a market stall, the material and wear of it is really great, also considering I've had it for a number of years. When in Cyprus, I would wear it to go out for the night or to parties, but I feel you can wear it casually too, like I did on this day with Converse. It's quite slouchy, so hide all parts that I didn't want to show off and like I said previously, the ruffles at the top hid the fact that I had no bra on. The elastic around the waist and the bust also means it's one size fit's all, if not most. It's quite unclear, but the pattern consists of white flowers and petals, which I think is a quite feminine contrast to the dark blue colour of the suit.

- Oh yes, it even has pockets - 

We stopped at a quaint little pub with pub garden right on the river and had a couple of drinks and some food. There was families and dogs and people doing some kind of fun run, which was crazy in the heat!




We spent a couple of hours soaking up the sun, until I soaked up a little too much and burnt the entire top half of my back and shoulders. I was not looking great. I looked like a tomato. I also ended up with sunstroke and had to have a nap when we got in! Moral of the story, always remember suncream kids, even in England! 

Apart from my little sunburn mishap, we had a lovely weekend afternoon enjoying the sun. With us both working constantly at the moment, it was nice to just sit down and chill out! I'm hoping we can more before I go back to university in September and I hope the weather stays like this for a while longer.

Lauren-Georgina x

You Might Also Like

0 comments